I made this homemade version using sweet potatoes in place of the pumpkin.
Thai Red Curry Vegetable Stew with Tofu
Note* Red curry paste is quite spicy. If you like your food on the tamer side you can halve the amount of curry paste.
1 T. canola oil
4 t. red curry paste
2 (14 oz.) cans lite coconut milk
3 T. fish sauce
2 T. light brown sugar
1 lb. (about 1 large) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch chunks
8 oz. green beans, ends trimmed, halved
1 onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch strips
1/2 c. water
2 t. cornstarch
14 oz. block of tofu patted dry and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1/2 c. shredded basil leaves
2 T. fresh lime juice
lime wedges for serving (optional)
cooked brown rice
1. Heat the oil in a large dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat until shimmering. Add curry paste and cooks, stirring constantly for about 30 seconds, until very fragrant.
2. Whisk in coconut milk, fish sauce and brown sugar. Add sweet potato and green beans. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add onion and bell pepper. Cover and cook 4 minutes.
4. Combine water and cornstarch. Stir into the simmering stew. Add tofu. Cook about 3 minutes until it's heated through.
5. Remove from heat, stir in basil and lime juice. Serve with rice and lime wedges.